Monday, September 2, 2013

I Love You Anonymous




As most of you know, on August 26, 2013 I permanently retired from Anonymous and cyber-activism. I am writing this because it occurs to me that in my farewell tweets and statement, there is one thing that I failed to properly emphasize. I love you Anonymous, with all my heart and soul. And I am not just speaking of the idea, the meme of Anonymous. For despite all the rhetoric that Anonymous is just an idea, Anonymous is more than that. It is people. Wonderful, beautiful, brilliant - and courageous humans struggling to make the world a better place. Indeed, fighting non-violently to save the world.

Each one of you in Anonymous is precious to me beyond words. I have been touched to the very core of my soul by the multitude of your messages and tributes. Some of you I have known closely, most I have never met. But regardless we all share a common bond, this wonderful, magical - and historic movement called Anonymous. I love each of you, and that is forever. Those of you I knew personally I will never forget, you have burned yourselves into my very soul. All of you are treasures of immeasurable value to me.

In the past few days since I announced I was leaving Anonymous, not a moment has gone by that I have not been agonized by doubt and regret at my decision. There are a number of reasons for this, but it occurred to me that one of the biggest is my fear for all of you. You face relentless and evil enemies who are not only destroying our world, but who would not hesitate to destroy any of you. And I find that I am terrified to leave you alone against such adversaries.

And so I wanted you all to know how I feel about you. I want you to know that while I must completely remove myself from your midst, I shall always and forever be with you in spirit. I will be right here behind the curtain, watching. I will wince when one of you falls, I will weep when any of you are taken by the enemy. I will pray for you every single day. Always remember...

"Courage is not a lack of fear, courage is fear that has said it's prayers."

Be strong. Never doubt either the righteousness of your cause, nor the ultimate power of Anonymous to save our world from oblivion. And never, ever be afraid to be a hero. Not only can a single individual change the course of human history, in fact it is the only thing that ever has.

I leave you with a song, one that expresses in some strange way what I am feeling as I say good bye to you - Anonymous.

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me...

...These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along"

~~ Evanescence




Farewell Statement Of Commander X - READ HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment